Sustainable Filter Systems.
Australian designed, engineered and manufactured.
Biological Odour Filtration Range
FiltaOdorTM biofilters are the latest technology in deep bed biofiltration for the control of sewer odours and toxic industry gases.
Benefits of FiltaOdorTM biological odour filters:
• Suitable for control municipal sewer odours and mitigation of toxic industrial gases
• Capable of removing greater than 95% of H2S
• Ability to treat complex gas streams
• More than 10 years life expectancy from the unique organic media.
• Deep-bed design with minimal static pressure
• Small operating footprint
• High retention times
• Corrosion resistant and UV stable HDPE construction
• Complete with blower, irrigation, humidification system and electrical control panel
• Skid mounted for rapid deployment and ease of transport
• Minimal installation (air, water, waste and power)
About FiltaOdorTM biofilter odour control technology
FiltaOdorTM biological filter systems use a homogeneous organic micropore filtration media derived from a highly renewable resource. The media has high adsorptive properties for efficient mass transfer of organics and oxygen from inlet gases into the liquid phase. It is long lasting with a high mechanical stability, has low bioavailability and a high surface area to volume ratio. This exceptionally large surface area and rough porous surface permits bacteria adhesion to promote biomass colonisation and distribution. Its porosity prevents pressure loss and maintains constant aerobic conditions throughout the life of the media. The life expectancy of the organic media is greater than 10 years delivering an excellent return on investment.
The environment created by the media enables the highly efficient treatment of odorous gases to reduce the odour profiles of Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S), mercaptans, VOC’s, hydrocarbons, ketones, aldehydes, amines and reduce sulphide gases such as Dimethyl Sulphide. Once the system is operational there is minimal maintenance required, provided the supply of the connected utilities of water, power and drainage are stable.
The FiltaOdorTM filter system is available in a number of standard capacities ranging from 75 L/s to 670 L/s and Bioaction is happy to consult on custom requirements. Custom configuration of odour abatement solutions includes design and development of systems to deal with specific capacity and installation requirements as well as more complex odorous gas profiles.
The plug’n’play modular design of Bioaction’s FiltaOdorTM filter system provides total flexibility in designing the system to suit the target flow requirements and emission reduction outcomes. The modular design also enables it to be positioned in relatively constrained spaces in comparison to other systems. The modular design is constructed on an engineered skid base to enable rapid installation and commissioning, typically within 1-3 days of delivery to site.
Complete system mounted on a engineered Galvanised Steel skid ready to be installed within 1 day.
Installation for Coffs City Council of FiltaOdor biofilter in combination with a two-way passive vent filter in the foreground.
Reference White Papers for Biofiltration technology.
- Biofiltration of Odorous Gas Emissions
- Doctoral Thesis by Anneli Andersson Chan - Click here to download
- Biofiltration - a Primer
- Center for Waste Reduction Technologies by Stephen F. Adler - Click here to download