In a carbon adsorption system, the air stream is passed over a bed of adsorbent (carbon) and the odour-causing compounds are attracted to and adhere to the surface of the adsorbent. This is the simplest of the three wastewater odour control technologies. There is no on-going chemical supply to the system, and there are no biological processes to be upset. Adsorption is applicable to a wide range of compounds. Hydrogen sulphide and related sulphur-based, VOC,s compounds are removed effectively by carbon adsorption systems.
Bioaction has developed a range of FiltaCarb adsorption systems for a variety of wastewater and industrial applications. Standard systems include:
- FiltaCarb Vessel Systems – Treatment range 150 – 3000lps
- FiltaCube System – complete compact system
- FiltaVent – ground mounted vent filters
- FiltaVent 2 way – low static pressure breathable system
- FiltaCarb 75 Series – economy drum vessels in various configurations
Bioaction utilise various carbon types including activated and impregnated can be used independently or in combinations to remove many different contaminants.